CHEERS ...

To the decision by the Athens County Board of Elections to reverse course on the precinct polling place moves. As reported in Thursday’s Messenger, precincts in Nelsonville and Buchtel will stay where they are (along with several other reversed changes). We’ll have plenty of coverage in the next two months gearing up to the primary election.

To the proposal bring police body cameras to the Athens Police Department. This should help with policing transparency and to log footage as evidence. Hopefully city officials find a way to make this happen.

To area pitchers Brice Graham and Trey Hettich for throwing no-hitters in their teams’ opening weeks. Graham, a RHP from Jackson, no-hit Huntington on Wednesday. Hettich, a lefty from Miller, no-hit South Gallia last Saturday. Great job!

To the 14 percent of respondents to a national Pew Research Center poll who say they paid for local news in the past year. We don’t want to jeer the other 86 percent — we simply hope to continue producing quality, local news and convince them it is an investment worth making. Thank you, as always, to our subscribers.

Load comments