The Ohio University Board of Trustees met Thursday and Friday, Jan. 16-17 and used the meetings to vote approval of several capital projects, as well as discuss the university’s financial status.
Glouster Fire Department responded to a structure fire on Monday, Jan. 13 on Route 78 in Hollister, located in Trimble Township, that has left two adults and nine children homeless.
Ohio University announced earlier this week that it will be expanding it’s tuition and fees guarantee program to include personalized graduation plans, more alumni-exclusive scholarships and background services.
Nonviolent activist Martin Luther King Jr. would have turned 91 on Wednesday, Jan. 15, if he hadn’t been assassinated for his work in the Civil Rights Movement.
A possible ban on plastic shopping bags has been floating around Athens City Council for some time now, but grocery store staples are still far from disappearing from local stores. But recent research-based recommendations may offer future alternatives for a more plastic-free Athens.
BLOOMFIELD TWP. — Jackson County Sheriff Tedd Frazier has announced that authorities have completed their search of the area where human remains were found near Jackson Saturday morning.
An Albany man was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison in Athens County Common Pleas Court for a slew of felony charges, including kidnapping, domestic violence and intimidation of an attorney, victim or witness in a criminal case.
Athens residents hoping for the long-expected medical marijuana dispensary to open on West Union Street may have to wait much longer as the company’s dispensary licenses are now on hold by state regulators.
JACKSON — Investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, along with investigators of Gallia County Sheriff's Office, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Jackson County Coroner Dr. Alice Frazier spent Saturday at a site on CH&D Road (County Road 2) in Bloomfield Twp. ne…
- Suspect charged in Lucky's, Redmens burglaries
- Stolen County Engineer equipment found in West Virginia
- Ohio roads, bridges to see improvements with new gas tax money
- Athens County Sheriff releases year-end report
- Patton College of Education creates Unified Basketball program
- Threat reported at Athens Middle School; no details provided
- Fed Hock Care Clinic offers remote community care
- Baileys update at Commissioner meeting creates more finance questions
- Athens Council kicks off new year
- Judge Stewart named Presidents Award recipient