From the Monday, Oct. 20, 1969 edition of The Athens Messenger:
County Elections Director Debbie Quivey and Deputy Director Penny Brooks say they met Friday’s deadline from the Secretary of State to report intended changes regarding their office.
CIRCLEVILLE — Bob and Jo Liggett kicked off the Circleville Pumpkin Show in style Wednesday, taking home the title for largest pumpkin with a 1,421.5-pound giant.
Note: The Messenger sent out questionnaires last month to all candidates running for a contested township trustee or township fiscal officer race. Each of these townships has one seat available, unless otherwise stated.
A woman is serving this year as the Ohio University Marching 110 field commander — the highest student-held position in the band — for the first time in its history.
- Mental health put front and center at local conference
- Making a career, right out of high school
- Amesville to host 'Alonzo Weed Festival'
- A list of Athens County trick-or-treat times
- Special Improvement District proposed for Athens
- New after-school program debuting at Trimble
- 1 killed, 6 injured in Route 33 crash
- Affordable housing plan approved in Athens
- OU's Marching 110 being investigated for hazing
- Baileys Trail gets funding boost